Cameroon is home to many great cuisines. Kossam is just one of them. It is a delicious desert for personal and commercial purposes. This dessert made with milk.
Kossam comes to us from the Northern Regions of Cameroon. Appreciated by both adults and children, they never miss the opportunity to eat it. In fact, when I go to a restaurant that offers it on its menu in several cities across the country, I always have a taste. Some restaurants generally offer it at the price of 500 FCFA per bowl or for a half a liter bottle.
I suggest you discover the kossam recipe. You can prepare it at home or for sale.
Ingredients of Kossam
- Powdered milk
Its preparation is really simple.
You need for half a kg of powdered milk: 2 liters of lukewarm water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
Use a plastic bowl for this recipe rather than an aluminum bowl.
Steps for Preparing Kossam
- Pour the powdered milk into the bowl.
- Add water and stir until the mixture becomes uniform and smooth.
- Add the yogurt and close the bowl with a lid.
- Cover the container with a towel and place it in a warm environment, then leave to ferment for 8 to 12 hours. You can do this in the evening so that the next morning your kossam will be well fermented.
- After fermentation, the mixture will be creamy with a sour taste. You can add sugar as you wish.
- There you have it, your kossam is ready for consumption.
It can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.